Rud Thygesen (1932) and Johnny Sørensen (1944) both graduated from the Danish School of Arts, Crafts and Design in 1966 and the same year they opened their own design studio.
While still at school they established a co-operation with Magnus Olesen, which in 1971was expressed in the first models of a collection of laminated furniture, whose mutual connection, both technologic and aesthetic, is a stringent and functional design.
Since then Thygesen and Sørensen have created a number of furniture - mainly in laminated wood. They have contributed considerably to the development of furniture in laminated and moulded wood and designed some of the most successful Danish furniture. They have also designed tubular steel furniture and worked with the design of textiles, lightings etc.
Their work is purchased by among others The Danish Arts Foundation, Danish Museum of Art and Design, The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design in Oslo, National Museum of Decorative Arts in Norway, Staatliches Museum für Angewandte Kunst in Cologne, Victoria and Albert Museum in London, Art Gallery and Museum, The Royal Pavillon in Brighton and Modern Art in New York.